Filled - QC Chemist
- Bisco - QA
- Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Full Time
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Bisco, Inc. is seeking a Quality Control Chemist to join our thriving organization. We are an internationally recognized manufacturer of medical devices for the dental industry, specializing in the advancement and research of adhesive and composite technology. Our QC Chemists are an important part of our growth.
We are an ISO 13485 certified manufacturer. Established in 1981, Bisco is an industry leader providing technically innovative aesthetic and restorative products to dental customers in the U.S. and in over 50 countries worldwide. Our operations, located northwest of Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois, include a state-of-the-art research facility, on-site manufacturing, marketing and sales operations. Our employees are driven, dedicated, committed to excellence, knowledgeable and the best in the business.
We are seeking candidates for a QC Chemist opening. If you are conscientious, dedicated, and a motivated team player and are interested in joining our talented group of scientists, then this may be the position for you.
- Inspecting and testing chemical products in various stages of manufacturing (quality testing).
- Sampling chemical materials for quality testing.
- Collecting, tracking, and analyzing data and initiating corrective / preventive actions.
- Performing scheduled equipment calibrations, checks, and preventive maintenance of QC equipment.
- Evaluating complaints including trend analysis where applicable and preparing reports for management review and maintaining all appropriate records.
- Maintaining, testing, and completing stability studies for manufactured products and new product design transfer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science.
- 0 to 2 years work experience in a QA / QC environment.
- Experience with chemical-based products (polymeric composite materials) and / or experience in a medical device industry preferred.
- Experience with investigations and statistical analysis would be highly beneficial.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance (no relocation assistance is available).
We offer a very competitive compensation / benefits package and great work environment. We look forward to you joining our team!
No agencies please.