- - Peak Performance Charleston
- Charleston, SC, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: AREA MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTING TO: CEO
LOCATION: Field / Truck / Office
Effective Date: February 2019
The Area Manager is responsible for the estimating, quoting, closing sales, ensuring project profitability, overseeing and determining technical fabrication job needs, purchasing job materials and supplies, and executing project within budget in their assigned area. The successful individual will oversee consistency of the Solution Services brand! This position is based in Low Country SC. Extensive travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Estimating, Quoting and Closing Sales with Profitability and Gross Margin Growth
- Responsible to close sales through estimating and quoting opportunities presented.
- Ensuring sales are profitable and within gross margin growth.
- Lead sales goals and action plans directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Responsible to ensure that projects are operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensuring purchasing and fabrication of job materials and supplies are within budget.
- Customer Engagement & Service
- Customer engagement and service must be a point of differentiation aimed at quality, ideas, acknowledgment and inspiration, which leads to an emotional and loyal brand/customer attachment.
- Ensure that all team members greet, engage, demonstrate, inspire, and manage their customer towards an outstanding customer experience.
- Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the management team accountable to the measurable results associated.
- Technical Fabrication
- Determine any technical fabrication needs for the projects.
- Oversee the execute of the fabrication and ensure it is within budget and technical specifications.
- Consistently implement the company standards of technical fabrication are at the quality level desired.
- Project Management
- Ensure that each Superintendent and team members are trained and compliant with all basic processes and safety protocol.
- Consistently execute quality practices within all operations and production.
- Inspect and act on any client complaints and concerns.
- Manage area superintendents and team members utilizing acceptable Operations/Human Resources requirements.
- Understand and administer the HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance with them, consistently.
- Responsible to consistently and effectively communicate the company objectives to all team members and clients through organized and scheduled conference calls and email communication.
- Establish a process to ensure that team members have accountability to expectations on a consistent and timely basis.
- Keep company informed of project timelines and deadlines.
- Other projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises the field superintendents and staff in their area.
Demonstrated time management organization and focus, ability to prioritize and multi task,
with laser like focus to detail. Ability to articulate thoughts into clear and concise written and verbal communication. Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead team, train talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a "doer" and "influencer". Minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibility in operations, with successful multi-area responsibility. A proven track record of strong performance in driving performance and key operations metrics, coupled with successful and consistent organizational development history. Revenue and profit-making orientation. Experience in project management and construction. Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead team, train talent and effect change. Track record of building talent. Able to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a profitable result. Bachelor's degree required or five years supervisory field experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports, email, and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers/vendors or employees of the organization in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Varies and is driven by expectation of field work and customer demands. Frequent travel will be required.
Primarily field environment with moderate noise and variable temperature.
The physical requirements consist of walking, turning the head and torso, stooping, kneeling, reaching, grasping, bending, and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, hands, and fingers. The senses of being able to see, hear, and have full power of speech are required.
EMPLOYEE MUST PROVIDE:
The employee must provide his or her own smartphone and laptop.
Solution Services Mission
To find men and women who possess a tremendous work ethic with high moral character.
Invest in and build them up in character and skill.
Successfully match those members of our team with the needs of industry.
Solution Services Statement
Solution Services will provide maintenance, engineering and construction with integrity regardless of external pressure of influence.
- Our team is honest and dependable
- We are a responsible company and expect to be held accountable
- We pay attention to details and deliver a quality product
- We will work safely every day, every job
- We have a positive winning attitude, driven by results
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page