- PPL Group - PPL Group - Accounting
- Northbrook, IL, USA
- Full Time
PPL Group LLC is looking for an ambitious Accountant to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented transactional company. The ideal candidate has the drive and knowledge to play a key role in our execution of deals around financial distress. We use three methods to help our clients: auctions, financing, and buying operating companies.
The Accountant will have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Contribute to the financial process for the organization.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting and finance operational functions, which includes administrative tasks as needed, e.g., journal entries.
- Preparing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process, via KPI's.
- Preparing Annual and Monthly budgets.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Preparing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
The role usually requires three to five years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in accounting. A master's degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA) and previous experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting and financial management software including QuickBooks
- Specific experience in private equity and/or transactions is desirable but not required
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office suite of software is required.
- Background in the financial services space is a plus.
- Aggressive compensation package
- Medical benefits
- Fun atmosphere with great camaraderie, and significant growth opportunities
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page