Key Account Specialist - Los Angeles, CA
- - SevenStarHR 08
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
The Key Account Specialist's (KAS) mission is to increase the availability and visibility of the Client's Brands. The KAS will create stronger consumer awareness, trial and adoption opportunities through a wide range of unique activities and events targeting the core consumer. The KAS will serve as a dedicated brand resource in assigned territory to obtain new points of distribution in the on and off-premise channel (chain accounts). He/she will communicate and partner with Young's Market Company (YMC) sales managers/reps, attend distributor meetings and execute work-withs. The KAS will develop custom programming with key accounts, ensuring maximum interaction of brand message with target consumers. The KAS demonstrates accountability through results, reports and overall strong business acumen. This position will cover the Los Angeles market.
- Sales: Obtain new points of distribution in the targeted Key Account universe to drive and promote continued business across the portfolio. Present product to buyers through product features and benefits, price point and marketing support. Secure new order by communicating with distributor interfaces. Attain assigned case goals.
- Distributor Management/Interaction: Attend meetings, conduct seminars, work with sales reps and communicate sales and re-orders. Work with both on and off premise YMC sales representatives.
- Account Management/Programming: Develop and institute 'custom' account programming activation. Activities could include a variety of the following activations or innovative concepts: promotions, covert sampling/product education, staff education and incentives, custom drink menu's/features and/or individual programming suggested by retailer.
- Consumer/Activation: Lead the on premise, off premise and non-traditional/non-licensed event efforts by building lasting trade and consumer relationships with targeted accounts (consistent with target audience). Trade and influencer education/relationship builders – focused on consumer target. Develop, institute, execute and participate in brand events.
- Accountability/Reporting/Financials: Manage all applicable budgets responsibly, forecasts, reports; send to Client/Greenhouse Program Manager (GH PM) as needed/requested. Submit accurate and timely expense reports. Monitor and approve field spends (supplies, PFP, other).
- Planning and Implementation:Link brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic events. Participate in brand planning meetings from inception through ideation through execution.
- Tactical/Event Execution Excellence:Drive promotional execution programming. Establish consistency in messaging regardless of the event/venue. As the leader at the event, contribute to the creative experiences and activations focused on trial, consumption, and brand awareness.
- Communication:Provide constant communication with Client and GH PM. Manage the flow of communication from the field to Client and GH PM. Return emails, phone, and text message with a sense of urgency.
Further Success Factors include:
- Results: Obtains case goals and applies "whatever it takes" approach to winning
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about ways to move the brand once new distribution occurs. Embraces the "Push" and "Pull" business model and accepts responsibility for both
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing: Manages or allocates finite resources, as directed by Client, and GH PM, towards the achievement of sales, specific plans, projects, goals or objectives. Ability to effectively manage and complete all aspects of complex projects
- Brand & Category Expertise and Passionate Championship: Strong brand knowledge and focus. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent brands appropriately.
- Spokesperson: Ability to act as spokesperson/educator at consumer events. Represents the brands in a manner consistent with the brand building model
- Develop and Maintain Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Directs attention towards the implications of various organizational actions and initiatives on the channel/customer
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions
- Collaboration: Ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates good business sense, strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives
- Excellent Communication: Proven ability to communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner. The ability to comprehend and understand new information. The ability to be straight forward, candid while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect. Always delivers reports with accuracy and timeliness. Returns communication with sense of urgency to all interfaces/constituencies
- Accountability: The ability to set challenging goals and achieve results in line with and exceeding agreed upon organizational objectives. Utilizes sound judgment and handles pressure when advising others. Agrees upon mutually beneficial goals and hold others accountable
- Consumer Orientation: Identifies new opportunities and applications that add value for the accounts while increasing the value for the focus brands. Understands consumer targets and how the brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well-dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years of high-end mixology, brand ambassador, or restaurant management experience required
- 1-3 years of sales/marketing experience within the beverage/CPG industry, management of Key Accounts
- Entrepreneurial minded, creative with excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills including expertise developing Power Point presentations
- Excellent tactical skills; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Resourceful: Understands how to get things done by leveraging from a wide range of resources
- Sound financial skills: experience managing a budget
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Operate with integrity, strong judgment
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to drive/travel throughout the designated market area
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 60,000- $ 65,000
Bonus Opportunity: $ 12,000
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 1,200
Benefits: Health, Dental, Optional Vision, 401K
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page