System Engineer - Service Desk
- Not On Site - IT
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
System Engineer - Service Desk
Houston, TX 77057
Notonsite is an industry leader providing Managed IT Services, IT Consulting, and Cloud Services to today's leading companies with 10 to 250 computers. We provide exceptional personalized service to over 45 customers in the Houston and surrounding area. The Level 2 Service Desk position is a System Engineer role and is part of a cohesive team designed to respond and resolve our customer's technical issues remotely. The right person in this role will first and foremost align with the Notonsite Core Values: Integrity Always, Relationship Driven, Dedication to Exceptional Service, Teamwork is the Key, Innovation and Continuous Improvement. This person will have the privilege of working with the latest technology solutions, industry-leading best practices, and a team dedicated to succeeding through collaboration.
This position requires an individual to have well-rounded skills in the following technical areas: advanced application troubleshooting, networking, firewalls/routers, Exchange (on-premise and cloud), Windows server operating systems and applications, and virtualization. This individual must be able to understand in detail how everything interconnects and how changes, no matter how small, can affect other aspects of the network.
Our customers are as diverse as their technologies so the ability to adapt and learn to both people and technology is a must. This role is not your traditional IT job where you are siloed into working within one area. Once you are onboarded, you will have access to all the latest technologies and making your growth potential limitless!
To the L2 - System Engineer we offer:
- $45,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401K with 3% company matching
- Certification and training opportunities
- The freedom to succeed in a supportive environment
Relationships & knowledge:
- Quickly create a positive impression with our clients by building a long-lasting and trusting relationship.
- Leverage documentation and follow the Notonsite best-practice troubleshooting steps to be successful in resolving a variety of level 2 issues.
- Align with the Notonsite Core Values and follow the process to create a consistent and quality service for each customer.
- Set and manage expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Successfully take and work issues from various incoming methods (phones, email, portal).
- Manage and update your ticket queue efficiently and in real time.
- Resolve issues or escalate timely.
- Be a positive and supportive member of the service desk team. This includes knowledge transfer and consistent contribution to our documentation system.
- Attendance, punctuality and dependability are extremely important for this role.
- On-Call Responsibilities – 1 week on call period as part of a rotation. Must be available and respond according to on-call policies and on-call bonus is provided.
- Communicate recurring issues or customer satisfaction issues to appropriate team members.
General Skills & Characteristics for success:
- 3+ years of experience with proven ability to support and maintain small to medium network environments
- The desire to grow technically & professionally. Technical certifications supporting skills in network administration, server management, and networking concepts are a strongly encouraged and the company will pay for certification testing after probationary period.
- Great phone presence and professionalism at all times.
- Process and consistency driven. Ability to follow process and create consistent results. This applies in all areas; some examples are: keeping documentation updated, ticket notes and time entry, following checklists for new user setups.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize when handling multiple issues at one time
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Most common technologies include but are not limited to:
- Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Advanced Microsoft Office troubleshooting
- Exchange/O365/Azure environments
- Knowledge of Backup and Disaster Recovery technologies,
- Remote access technologies
- Knowledge of security concepts
- Virtualization (VMware – vSphere and vCenter a plus)
- Various line of business apps (ex. Quickbooks)
- Networking: wireless, WAN connectivity, Firewalls/Router/Switches/WAPs (Cisco and Meraki a plus)
Key Performance Metrics for Role:
Metrics provide insight as to how the team and individuals are performing. The following metrics are used to stay in tune with load and performance.
- Average response time & same day response %
- Average resolution time & same day resolution %
- Tickets over 5 days old, over 30 days
- Survey results and feedback
- Avg tickets closed & avg hours per ticket
- Escalation % to onsite and/or L3
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page