Manager of Auction Services
- - PPL Group
- Northbrook, IL, USA
- Full Time
PPL Group LLC is looking for an ambitious Manager of Auction Services to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented transactional company. The ideal candidate has the drive, knowledge and initiative to help lead our Auction Business - with a particular focus on marketing and the application of technology. The candidate will help create, lead, and execute a sustainable and profitable business model process for online and live auctions. The candidate will collaborate with the Auction Coordinator to manage the people, processes, and systems required for a world-class auction services business.
- Plan and execute successful auctions with PPL deal-makers
- Ensure appropriate marketing is in place incorporating a combination of periodicals, email blasts, website messaging, printed brochures and other means to communicate with prospective bidders
- Explore ways to utilize marketing and technology to find and buy more deals
- Lead the strategy to develop new methods of driving business with respect to the auction function.
- Work with Auction Coordinator to build, document, communicate, and drive the auction operations process to enhance auction profitability and accountability
- Leverage technology for marketing and operations of auctions, including on-line bidding platforms
- Implement and maintain quality control
- Strong attention to detail, written & verbal communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Project Management experience and strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead assignments from beginning to end within established timelines
- Perform well in fast-paced environment and under pressure with time-driven tasks
- Experience in digital/on-line marketing and technological savvy
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business, or related field preferred
- Experience in Auction Services is a plus
- Team player who wants to continue to learn by sharing best practices and brainstorming
- Aggressive compensation package and medical benefits
- Fun environment with a focus on teamwork
- Professional atmosphere with growth opportunities
We are one of the premier companies in the US that develops unique solutions for financially distressed companies that have commercial and industrial assets, or companies with surplus equipment. We typically do that in one of three ways:
- Auctions: We buy and sell commercial and industrial equipment from individual owners up to Fortune 500 companies.
- Financing: Quick and creative alternative financing solutions based on asset value for small and middle-market companies in need of liquidity.
- Private Equity: Equity investments in distressed, small and middle-market manufacturing companies.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page