Promotions Manager - Chicago, IL
- - Greenhouse Agency
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Promotions Manager – Chicago, IL
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundaryless and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client Brown-Forman:
Brown-Forman is one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and sells its brands in more than 160 countries. Brown-Forman's culture is a direct reflection of their deeply held core values of integrity, respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Their values permeate everything they do and guide their actions with employees, customers, and communities. Partner with this collegial company, building classic brands, where employees are recognized for their unique skills and talents while leaning on diverse teams and perspective to achieve success.
The IMPACT Promotions Manager (IPM) serves as a dedicated Brown-Forman promotional resource within the Chicago market. Through the direction of the Greenhouse IMPACT Program Director (IPD) and local Brown-Forman Management, this position is held accountable for booking, scheduling and providing executional oversight of tastings in on and off-premise chain and independent accounts and non-traditional venues. To achieve these objectives, the IPM will be responsible for assembling and maintaining a staff of committed, brand-educated Promotional Specialists to execute on and off-premise tastings in general market and multicultural accounts. Additionally, the IMPACT Promotions Manager will be responsible for recruitment, hiring and training of a full-time Promotions Coordinator.
- Recruitment and Hiring: Lead the recruitment, hiring process, and continuous training of a team of part-time promotional specialists.
- Training: Ensure staff is trained to provide each event with quality images, sales data and feedback via the GARDEN online platform. Host monthly and quarterly trainings for new staff.
- Primary contact for brand expertise and training during events at on-premise and off-premise venues.
- Promotions Coordinator Oversight: Lead the recruitment, hiring process, and continuous training and development of the Promotions Coordinator.
- Event Oversight: Book, schedule and oversee the execution of approximately 1,000 off premise tastings and 500 on-premise promotions per year in chain and independent accounts.
- Schedule, staff and develop activation kits for all activations.
- Budgeting: Liaise with the IMPACT Program Director and GH Finance Director to ensure proper program financial management.
- Recapping: Provide monthly performance recaps on program metrics and financial management to Brown-Forman stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Auditing: Conduct weekly program audits and provide supported recaps on 10% of the executed activations, (approximately 3.5 per week).
- Point of Sale Management: As a part of program execution, coordinate & leverage both consumer and account Point of Sale (POS).
- Insights: Source for consumer, channel and competitive insights. Feeds local market intelligence up through the organization. Participates with the Brand/Regional environmental analysis and collaborates with territory and brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of marketing or sales experience within the beverage or CPG industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate: demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Resourceful: Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours
- Sound Financial Skills: experience managing a budget for supporting accounts
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing
- Manages assigned program resources, as directed by the Field Marketing & Brown-Forman Market Manager, towards the achievement of specific plans, projects and objectives. Ability to effectively manage and complete all aspects of complex projects.
- Excellent Communication
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner. The ability to comprehend and understand new information. The ability to be candid and concise, while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect. Ability to deliver reports with accuracy and timeliness. Ability to return communications (email, phone/text) with strong sense of urgency in a manner consistent with the brand-building model.
- Marketing Acumen
- Proven ability to understand the basics of marketing and the impact on the brand.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt in a rapidly changing and competitive market environment.
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrates good business sense, strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively in person, over the phone, in email and in presentations.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Creates documents, reports and event recaps for tracking progress and success.
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, product, etc.
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: The ability to operate with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrated enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Connect/Collaborate: Demonstrated ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: The ability to work autonomously and deliver against predetermined brand and program goals.
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional programs designed around where the target consumer works, lives and plays. Identifies, implements and ensures proper execution of relevant events and sponsorships.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Ability to link brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Additionally, the candidate is expected to participate in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution (see that the experiential piece will work in the trade).
- Communication: Candidate must provide constant communication with IMPACT Program Director and local Brown-Forman Managers. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency (manage down efficiently). The candidate is expected to post reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $48,000 – $55,000
Auto Allowance: $6,600
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K