- - Larry Offsey
- Deer Park, NY, USA
- Full Time
Are you tired of only sending out tax returns and bean counting? Then this position might be right for you.
Lawrence Offsey CPA is looking for a dedicated, consultative Accountant to join our growing CPA firm. The ideal candidate has 2+ years' experience in a CPA firm and the know-how to provide expert advice to improve non-accounting aspects of our clients' businesses. As Accountant, you will help our clients improve their business beyond timely and accurate financial statements, preparing tax returns and providing excellent tax advice.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of accounting and is looking to someday become partner.
- Annual salary of $50,000 - $75,000 to commensurate with experience
- Generous vacation and personal days accrued throughout the year
- Assistance to obtain CPA and EA licenses
- Path to partnership
- Professional, supportive work environment
Lawrence Offsey CPA, a unique CPA firm employing profitability experts who just happen to be accountants. Utilizing our ingenious approach to building relationships, we help our clients take home more money. We learned early on that CPAs don't earn their real value by just sending out tax returns and bean counting, we employ our expertise to improve profit management functions of large companies.
- Prepare corporate financial statements using QuickBooks
- Prepare personal, partnership and corporate income tax returns
- Recommend and deliver appropriate additional consulting services to clients
- Market to prospects through client referrals and networking opportunities
- Assist with managing and training staff
- Maintain continuous progress to obtain CPA or EA licenses
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-5 years' accounting experience in a CPA or public accounting firm
- Proficient in Excel and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of professional tax software, preferably Pro Series
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work extra hours during tax season