PPL Group - Director of Finance
- - PPL Group
- Northbrook, IL, USA
- Full Time
PPL Group LLC is looking for an ambitious Director of Finance to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented transactional company. The ideal candidate has the drive, knowledge and go getter attitude to play a key role in our execution of deals around financial distress. We use three methods to help our clients: auctions, financing, and buying operating companies.
The Director of Finance will have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Lead the financial and accounting processes for the organization including budgeting, financial reporting, compliance, financial analysis, and the treasury function.
- Ownership of the Financial Process for the Organization and being the point of contact for the President as well as other members of the Leadership Team
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting and finance operational functions, which includes administrative tasks as needed, e.g., journal entries
- Managing and executing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements from start to completion
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to their decision-making process
- Proactively prepare and manage the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics and reporting
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
The role usually requires at least seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. A master's degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA). Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- The Director of Finance will be comfortable and facile with accounting and financial management software: the company currently uses QuickBooks.
- Specific experience in private equity and/or transactions is desirable but not required.
- Proficiency with Excel is a must, and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software is a plus. A background in the financial services space is preferred.
- Must be open to do what it takes to get the job done, being comfortable with working in the details not just the "big picture".
- Aggressive compensation package
- Medical benefits
- Fun environment with a focus on teamwork
- Professional atmosphere with growth opportunities
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page