Field Sales Manager – Houston, TX
- - Greenhouse Agency
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Field Sales Manager – Houston, TX
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About our client, Paulaner USA:
Paulaner USA offers a variety of world-class European beers from across Germany, Belgium, England and Ireland with more than 2,000 years of combined brewing experience. Their brands include Paulaner, Fuller's Ales, Hacker-Pschorr, O'Hara's Irish Craft Beers, Fruli Strawberry Beer and Furstenberg. Become a part of their driven team and represent their acclaimed brands that have been crafted over centuries!
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Field Marketing Coordinator and the Paulaner USA Region Manager, the FSM is accountable for the development of the Fuller's USA portfolio in retail on- and off-premise channels. The FSM works closely with the Paulaner USA (PUSA) Region Manager and the respective distributor sales team to add value to both the Fuller's portfolio and the Key Distributors. The FSM will be responsible for the development of target account lists, promotional activities, and the coordination of national and regional account placements. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have credibility within the Beer industry and an understanding of the three-tier system.
Distributor Management and Interaction:
- Establish strong working relationships with the assigned distributors' sales teams by cultivating relationships, delivering business back to the wholesaler and being the go-to person for product, brand information, and Client processes
- Develop and manage Target Account Lists by market. Coordinate with distributor sales teams and Region Manager to ensure growing distribution for the Brand's portfolio. Update the account lists on an as-needed basis
- Monitor Distributor inventories to help ensure timely ordering patterns (6-8 weeks lead time) for all beer and point of sale orders. Monitor distributor orders to maintain target inventories of beer and POS at the distributors (45-55 days on priority SKU's). Notify the Region Manager of any potential issues
- In concert with the Region Manager, secure and conduct sales meetings with distributor retail sales staff to launch new programming, brand and product training and incentive activities
Sales and Activation:
- Independently call on retail accounts to secure new placements for the Brand's portfolio
- Coordinate all chain account activation and execution, both independently and through the Client's National Accounts and Distributor Teams. Utilize marketing tools from brand teams and custom materials developed in coordination with distributor merchandising teams
- Conduct, both personally and via outside resources, a minimum of 35 consumer and retail samplings and sales calls per week to build awareness and trial for Client brands
- Collaborate with the Client's Marketing Team to coordinate all retail programs and secure displays/features for the individual brands and packages
- Continue individual skill development through on-going training including:
- VIP Business Systems
- NetSuite Enterprise Software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Presentation Skills
- Cicerone Beer Server Certification
- Two years of Retail Sales experience within the Beer/ Alcohol-Beverage Industry
- Previous experience within U.S. British Beer market preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Strong presentation skills including expertise in developing PowerPoint presentations and marketing plans
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Modest out-of-market travel (1-2 national meetings per year)
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: Houston, TX
- Must have a valid Driver's License, reliable transportation, and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Distributor contacts. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 40,000 – $ 50,000
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K