Not On Site - Senior System Engineer - Service Desk
- Not On Site - IT
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Senior Systems Engineer - Service Desk
Houston, TX 77057
Notonsite is an industry leader providing Managed IT Services, IT Consulting, and Cloud Services to today's leading companies with 10 to 250 endpoints. The Senior Systems Engineer is part of a cohesive team designed to respond and resolve our customers' technical issues remotely. Additionally, this role will have the opportunity to work with our Professional Services department which focuses on implementing a variety of technologies for our clients according to best practices. This position is very technical in nature and requires extensive knowledge of networking concepts, firewalls, Exchange (on-premise and cloud, Microsoft server operating systems and applications, and virtualization and SAN technologies. This individual must be able to understand in detail how everything interconnects and how changes, no matter how small, can affect other aspects of the network.
The right person in this role will first and foremost align with the Notonsite Core Values: Integrity Always, Relationship Driven, Dedication to Exceptional Service, Teamwork is the Key, Innovation and Continuous Improvement. This person will have the privilege of working with the latest technology solutions, industry leading best practices, and a team dedicated to succeeding through collaboration.
Our customers are as diverse as their technologies so the ability to adapt and learn to both people and technology is a must. This role is not your traditional IT job where you are siloed into working within one area. Once you are onboarded, you will have access to all the latest technologies and making your growth potential limitless.
To the Senior Systems Engineer we offer:
- $65,000 – $85,000 commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401Kwith a 3% non-elective company match
- Laptop, cell phone reimbursement, mileage reimbursement
- Certification and training opportunities
- The freedom to succeed in a supportive environment
Relationships & Knowledge:
- Quickly create and maintain a positive impression with our clients by building a long lasting and trusting relationship.
- Professionalism always. This role represents Notonsite at our customer locations and must be professional in appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Be a positive and supportive member of the service desk team. This includes knowledge transfer and consistent contribution to our documentation system. Must be available to mentor and train team members
General Skills & Characteristics for success:
- Proven experience deploying, supporting, and maintaining small to medium network environments and have an ongoing desire to grow and learn technically & professionally. Technical certifications supporting skills in network administration, server management and networking concepts are a strongly encouraged and the company will pay for certification testing after a probationary period.
- Advanced application troubleshooting. You are the final escalation point for those tough, quirky and stubborn issues. Does this type of challenge interest you?
- Great phone presence and professionalism at all times.
- Process and consistency driven. Ability to follow process and create consistent results. This applies in all areas, some examples are: keeping documentation updated, ticket notes and time entry, following checklists for new user setups.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize when handling multiple issues at one time
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Most common technologies include but are not limited to:
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- VMWare ESXi 5.0 thru 6.5, Hyper-V a plus
- Advanced Networking Concepts (ex. VLANS, Routing, NAT, VPN)
- SAN, NAS, and other storage types
- Exchange 2010 – 2016, Office 365 Exchange Online, Azure AD (migrations a plus)
- Cisco & Meraki firewall, switch and WAP's
- High availability and redundant architecture
Expectations for this role:
- Set and manage expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Successfully take and work issues escalated by other team members
- Manage and update your own ticket queue efficiently and in real time.
- Works with vCIO, Network admin and project manager to understand the scope of the projects and helps create plans for each deliverable item. Review of current environment and recommendations can also be part of job requirements.
- Helps ensure projects stay within budgeted hours and reports to project manager if change of scope is required.
- Ability to deploy new solutions while also minimizing after-project issues
- Readily available for afterhours work.
- Participate in meetings with project manager to discuss new projects and updates on ongoing projects.
- Communicate well with client regarding changes coming, training needed and ongoing updates to progress of project.
- Enters time accurately and on time.
- Attendance, punctuality and dependability are extremely important for this role.
- This role may be called on to be a part of an on call rotation – 1 week on call period. Must be available and respond according to on call policies and on call bonus is provided.
- Communicate recurring issues or customer satisfaction issues to appropriate team members.
Key Performance Metrics for Role:
Metrics provide insight as to how the team and individuals are performing. The following metrics are used to stay in tune with load and performance.
- Average response time & same day response %
- Average resolution time & same day resolution %
- Tickets over 5 days old, over 30 days
- Survey results and feedback
- Avg tickets closed & avg hours per ticket
- Time-entry accuracy
- Project hours on or under budget