Washing Systems - Water Treatment Technical Sales Specialist
- - Washing Systems
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Water Treatment Technical Sales Specialist
Heaquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio - Remote locations available
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Washing Systems (WSI) seeks a highly self-motivated Water Treatment Technical Sales Specialist to join our thriving team. WSI is the largest supplier of laundry chemicals to the commercial laundry industry in North America. WSI provides high quality chemical products for both uniform and linen rental companies. The Water Treatment Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining the stability and increasing the profitability of existing customer accounts while also acquiring new accounts. Assisting in the development and growth of WSI products, the Water Treatment
Technical Sales Specialist will also identify new applications and technologies that would increase revenue in WSI's Water Treatment business. Reporting to the Director, the Water Treatment Technical Sales Specialist's primary responsibility is profit growth of WSI's Water Treatment program offerings and services in targeted customer and prospect accounts within, and outside of, the commercial laundry industry.
Science-based. Performance-focused. WSI is the leading provider of innovative products and services to the commercial laundry processing industry. Driven by comprehensive technological innovations, WSI delivers powerful advancements in the cleaning, processing, and the disinfection of textiles. Culturally progressive, WSI consistently maximizes plant efficiencies, while increasing productivity and reducing the environmental footprint for our manufacturing sites and
customer sites. While serving North America and Europe, WSI's global headquarters reside in Ohio. Additional offices are located across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Please visit our website for more information: www.washingsystems.com.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBLITIES AND TASKS:
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close new Water Treatment opportunities in existing customer base, and in major, competitively-held accounts, to meet profit goals.
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Advise WSI Leadership on products and strategies to expand market share.
- Provide requested technical support via email or phone to existing and potential Water Treatment customers.
- Effectively interact and collaborate with WSI staff, providing support and direction.
- Oversee administrative activities including, hours and cost tracking, preparing forecasting for growth, entering data into a CRM database, and creating reports
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the job incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties and responsibilities or employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; Chemical Engineering Degree is preferred; water treatment experience will be strongly considered in lieu of technical Degree.
- Successful industrial water treatment sales and service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of boiler treatment, cooling water systems, and waste water treatment systems.
- Ability to provide a consultative sales and service approach with an emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on selling competitive business.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to learn internal business programs and applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented environment that requires high quality outcomes and service.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, able to reach consensus, achieve goals, and share information and knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- Overnight travel of 40% to 70%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Corporate working environment.
- Noise level in the Corporate working environment is usually moderate.
- Indoor customer sites may have high noise levels.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions.
- Indoor customer sites may have high noise levels.
- May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at customer sites.
- May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at customer sites