- - SevenStar HR
- Hauppauge, NY, USA
- Experience based
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, 401k, Profit-Sharing, Paid Holidays & Vacation
SevenStar HR is seeking a CNC Machinist for our client, a first tier Long Island Manufacturing Company., As CNC Machinist you will produce high quality components for industries including Aerospace, Transportation, Architectural and Process Machinery. The primary responsibility of this position is to accurately machine components, made from various alloys, by applying appropriate set up and tool path techniques.
Our client produces both custom metal work and manufactures a proprietary product line. The ideal candidate is someone who can "hit the ground running". We are looking for a hands on, energetic person who enjoys working on a variety of projects.
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- $25 - $35 per hour to commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental
- Paid holidays, vacation
- 401K, profit sharing
- Set up and operation of CNC Milling and conventional machining work centers. Including; milling, lathe, drill presses, grinders and hand tools.
- Measure and inspect all work to print specification using tools including verniers, height gauges and micrometers.
- Visually inspect cosmetic quality of finished products.
- Accurately count and document part quantities.
- Assist in the maintenance program of machine shop equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work process
- Work cooperatively with other production personnel to meet on going production requirements.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Accurately perform work order scanning/data collection.
Skills / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years machine shop set and production.
- Competent in basic math. Functional English verbal & reading.
- Computer literate and a functional knowledge of CNC G-code
No phone or e-mail inquiries please. Applicants will only be considered through our online application process. Your application information is confidential.